Friday, March 24, 2006

Mr. Handsome

I went out contra dancing tonight at Goff Hall, and had a wonderful time. My family had dinner early, but we ended up talking until almost 10 o'clock. Being that late, I almost didn't go. However, I went anyway, paid my $6, and started dancing.

This is the first time I've gone contra dancing in my new dance shoes. I didn't really like it, because I can't seem to feel the floor at all. I guess it depends what I'm there for. If Nightingale or Groovemongers are playing, the shoes come off and I dance barefoot. If it's the normal music, then I think I'll wear the shoes and dance for the social aspect; namely, girls.

One long-time male dancer grabbed his partner's place and swung as the 'woman' with me. There was a time when that would have bothered me greatly. But, that changed. Does that make me gay? Nope. Just having fun. I am sure of myself and my path.

I got several positive comments on the beard, which was fun. With my hair parted differently, it dramatically changes my appearance. That, and whenever I look in the mirror, I make a point to say, "damn, you're hot!" which of course makes it true.

Nothing like catching a pretty girl's eye and getting a nod and smile to boost the ego. It's a little game. They glance, I'm watching, I look and smile, they look again, smile back, and bam! instant rush! Those ancient patterns are wired deep. I used to feel embarassed about it, but I got rid of that a couple months back. Why be embarassed about being human and young?

Damn, I'm hot!

(Although I wish I had a partner to share my life with, who would dance and laugh with me, and catch my eye and smile back. Soon enough...)

1 Comments:

Blogger EMBetsmeister said...

Of course you are Mr. Handsome. And hot. And adorable. :D

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home