Thursday, March 02, 2006

Dance! (4)

I've been having a problem with my Windows 2000 computer's SMB authentication system failing. I finally searched for a solution, and found two relevant knowledge base articles on Microsoft's website. Both said to contact Microsoft to obtain the hotfix. So, I did. Took me about 30 minutes, and it was done. Hotfix worked. Didn't have to deal with license validation at all. My first support call to Microsoft! Free, too, since it was their fault. Interestingly enough, the hotfix comes from SP5...

This evening, I drove over to the Cape Verdean club on Grosvenor Avenue. They have swing dances every Wednesday. Beginner's lesson at 7:30, dance at 8:00. Live music! I had a wonderful time. Lots of middle-aged and older women. Evelyn introduced me to a couple older women who were happy to teach me some, which was most helpful. I started out slow, but then it became easier and easier. Tried a few different things, some worked, some didn't. Danced with two younger girls. One was stoned out of her mind, and the other was Kristen. A female version of me. Lithe, strong but not overly strong, pretty, and her first night on a proper floor outside of dance lessons. Same skill level. One of a very few people wearing glasses. Same apology when we screwed up. Wierd.

As small as it was, it felt good to think about another woman. Very good.

Funny, though, I still felt immature. Perhaps because I am, but I felt a little goofy and young. Oh well, life rolls on. If she comes back a couple times, I might ask her on a date.

Am I being rude to start looking so soon after breaking up with Heidi? I don't know, but I certainly have no desire to mope around for another month, pining away for her. I've lost enough weight and enough time, thank you very much. Is it dishonorable? Sure, but since she doesn't feel the same way I do, the dishonor is felt only by myself. So why bother? I was given the opportunity to move on, and I have no intention of letting that 5-of-Cups scenario screw up golden opportunities.

If beautiful Heidi comes back to me, I will think, and dowse, and ask my friends and family. I am willing to bring her into my life, and I'd start by introducing her to my parents. Also, I'm helping pay her dojo membership, unbeknownst to her. So, I consider my heart to still be soft and open. I believe that's more important than pining away for honor's sake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home