Thursday, March 09, 2006

AlphaGrip

It occurred to me as I opened the packaging on my new AlphaGrip that the name sounds like a sex toy. Well, it isn't, although it might as well be considering the amount of time needed to be good with it.

It's slow to use. It's cool. The buttons are irritatingly easy to press when I put it down. It has an onboard mouse. It required both hands, so it is useless in an in-car computer interface. You can hold it. Women's hands, being smaller, will find it easier to operate. It seems well-made. I like it.

It is slow to use, at least in the beginning. However, it frees me from needing to sit at my desk, or a table. I can lie on the sofa and program away, without needing to perch the laptop on my knees. For that alone, this thing is worth every penny.

First two sentences;

This is a test to see how easy it is to type on the AlphaGrip.
And the answer is that it is very, very slow.


Those two sentences took me about 4-5 minutes to type. But, I'll keep practicing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home